Audio Visualizations for Live Performance with TouchDesigner
• 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto Price • $120 + HST
Register ** Registration Closes 11:59PM November 30 **
** Note this is a six hour workshop with a one hour lunch **
What You Will Learn
When TouchDesigner was initially created it was done so with the stated goal to be a platform for live generative art with a strong inclination towards live music visuals. This full day workshop will focus on tools and techniques available in TouchDesigner to create live video for music performances. During the six hours we will look at Audio-Visualization techniques, see how audio analysis can be done in TouchDesigner, connect external hardware like MIDI Controllers or OSC driven applications and get a closer look at how TouchDesigner can directly interact with Ableton Live. This workshop is designed for media artists and designers, VJ's, and anyone looking to create generative visualizations.
To move fairly swiftly, a basic understanding of the TouchDesigner interface is required. There will be no introduction to the basic principles of the software.
If you want to get up to speed before attending the workshop, look at the training resources available on the Derivative website.
What Do I Need For This Workshop?
Please bring the hardware listed below and have the software installed before the workshop! Unfortunately, we cannot supply computers at this time. Ensure you download the latest available TouchDesigner build from the Derivative website before the workshop. Download the software here. Ensure that a key is installed and your hardware is able to run TouchDesigner.
Ableton Live + Max for Live is required for parts of the class. Please install Ableton Live Suite, if you don’t own a copy, you can get a 30 day trial license from here.
- Laptop (PC or Mac) with TouchDesigner 099 installed.
- A 3-Button Mouse
- Optional: and MIDI interface controller
- Software to Install Before Workshop:
- Touch Designer
- More Information on creating an account and acquiring a key can be found here.
- Please see the system requirements here.
Workshop Attendance: In the case of the workshop not meeting a minimum amount of attendees, fees will be fully refunded. Limited spaces available, so book soon!
Cancellation Policy: To ensure participant attendance, if you have registered for the workshop you must cancel your booking at least seven days before the workshop for a refund.
Payment: Registration for workshop is through Eventbrite. If you do not wish to use Eventbrite you can pay in person at the Electric Perfume storefront. Contact us in advance to arrange a time to come in. We accept credit and cash only. Payment in person must be received by the day prior to the date of the workshop.
Interested in this workshop but the timing didn't work for you? Let us know! Gauging interest in our workshops allows us to know whether we should run them again in the future!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us!
About the Markus Heckmann
- email@example.com . Links to your default email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.