The Hand Eye Society is pleased to introduce a guest instructor, Stefan Dieters, who hails from the Netherlands and is making a stop in Toronto for ROM Jam and the Hand Eye Society Ball (among all the other great videogame events going on in Sept see Hand Eye Society's monthly newsletter.
Make Games with Stencyl Workshop
Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto • Info
Price: $25 ($5 for HES Members)
Learn how to make videogames with Stencyl, a free game-making program where users snap together colourful "logic blocks" instead of manually typing in code! No programming experience necessary, but you will be learning basic logic and must be able to provide your own laptop.
In case you can't make it to just one, we are holding this workshop twice: SEPT 7 and SEPT 21, both 6-9 PM at Electric Perfume. Hope to see you there!
*** Participants must provide their own laptops. Please DOWNLOAD STENCYL (Windows and Mac) before the workshop!
What will you learn?
- Introduction to Stencyl, and how it differs from other engines
- Quick rundown of the project. Participants will create a basic platformer game like Mario
- Create the game itself (the instructor will involve the participants in deciding the game mechanics)
- Question, mentorship and helping out those who where following along and got stuck
About the Organizers
The Hand Eye Society is a Toronto not-for-profit dedicated to supporting and showcasing videogames made primarily as a form of creative expression.
We provide audience development, education, creative opportunities, mentorship, knowledge sharing and inspiration to game creators, enthusiasts, and the game-curious in Toronto.
Founded in 2009, it is the first videogame arts organization in the world.
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your defualt email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.