Make Installations With TouchDesigner Bootcamp
• 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto Price • $240 + HST
Register ** Registration Closes 11:59PM June 1 **
** Note this is a six hour workshop with a one hour lunch **
What You Will Learn
TouchDesigner can be quite the beast with it’s wide range of uses. This full day workshop will focus on the elements required to get started with TouchDesigner as a tool for interactive installations: besides video playback and image based effects, topics will include generative 2D/3D and rendering, interfacing with external input and output devices as well as investigating various protocols to allow control of an installation. The workshop will start with a overview of Interface workflow and basic concepts behind the node based development environment and then provide context by giving step by step instructions to build example networks that could be adapted to interactive installations.
No Prerequisite knowledge is required but participants are encouraged to have gone through some of the First Things to Know about TouchDesigner videos found here.
What Do I Need For This Workshop?
Please bring the hardware listed below and have the software installed before the workshop! Unfortunately, we cannot supply computers at this time. Also, if you do not wish to purchase the software below, ensure you download the free version of software the softrware before the workshop. Download the software here.
- Laptop (PC or Mac) with TouchDesigner 099 installed.
- A 3-Button Mouse
- Optional: interface controller
- Software to Install Before Workshop:
- Touch Designer
- More Information on creating an account and acquiring a key can be found here.
Workshop Attendance: In the case of the workshop not meeting a minimum amount of attendees, fees will be fully refunded. Limited spaces available, so book soon!
Cancellation Policy: To ensure participant attendance, if you have registered for the workshop you must cancel your booking at least seven days before the workshop for a refund.
Payment: Registration for workshop is through Eventbrite. If you do not wish to use Eventbrite you can pay in person at the Electric Perfume storefront. Contact us in advance to arrange a time to come in. We accept credit and cash only. Payment in person must be received by the day prior to the date of the workshop.
Interested in this workshop but the timing didn't work for you? Let us know! Gauging interest in our workshops allows us to know whether we should run them again in the future!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us!
About the Markus Heckmann
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your default email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.