Cathode Mark 1 Jam
Price: Pay What You Can (Suggested Donation $15)
Have an itch for oldschool analog? Learn how to design stories, games, and animations for Public Games the award winning Cathode Mark 1 (MK1) by Ryan Mason. The Cathode MK1 is a game console that plays Unity3D games across multiple CRT televisions. Locally designed and built In Corktown Toronto using free software and open source hardware. Still confused? Check out this article in The Verge and make sure to check out the video below!
When you build a Pong game in 2018 as a joke and it's actually 🔥 🔥 🔥 pic.twitter.com/EclfDpyluW— Ryan Mason (@publicgamesca) April 20, 2018
How Does the Jam Work?
We supply the Unity Framework and show you how to build multi-channel art with it! You'll learn how the system behaves, its limitations, and get an idea of what might be interesting to prototype. You'll also learn how to develop for it with Unity 3D and how to control which screens are active allowing for a variety of creative possibilities! Games created may be featured at an upcoming event at Electric Perfume. Plus you'll make new friends and hang out during the jam!
What Do I Need For This Game Jam?
What Do I Need to Know?
- Some coding experience with Unity3D required
- Bring a laptop!
About Public Games
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your defualt email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.