Yassine is a Toronto based sound designer and music composer , he helps through high quality sound design, original music composition and audio implementation for all types of multimedia projects: AAA video games, trailers and short films. He is also known as a hands on educator, and previously has given multiple academic workshops on the fields of sound synthesis, sound design and sound art.
Sound Synthesis and Composition for Games, Film and Electronic Music
• 7:00 – 09:30 PM Electric Perfume on Google Maps. Link opens in a seperate tab or window. • 805 Danforth Ave, Toronto Price • $105 + HST **This is a Two Part Workshop Fee is for Both Sessions!
What You Will Learn
Having trouble making the sounds in your head? Well, learn from a pro with over a decade of industry experience who worked on game franchises such as Farcry, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell! Whether you're a sound artist, game designer, filmmaker, musician, or just goofing around with audio, this workshop will help you bring your skills to the next level! In this workshop you will learn how to create and design Hollywood-like sci-fi sounds using complex methods of sound synthesis (FM, Additive Subtractive, and Granular) with the latest software tools. For electronic music geeks, you will also learn step-by step how to build and emulate common instruments from scratch; such as acoustic bass, electric bass, kick drum, acoustical flute, clarinet, church bell and others!
Basic knowledge of digital audio and sound editing.
What Do I Need For This Workshop?
Please bring the hardware listed below and have the software installed before the workshop! Unfortunately, we cannot supply computers at this time. Also, if you do not wish to purchase the software demos below, ensure you download the software demos the day before the workshop to ensure your trial does not run out.
- Bring your own laptop (Mac or Windows)
- MIDI Controller (optional)
- Software to Install Before Workshop:
- Tytel Software Synth (free)
- NI FM8 (30 Day Demo)
- NI Massive (30 Day Demo)
- Audio Sequencer of your choice to run synths and plugins
Workshop Attendance: In the case of the workshop not meeting a minimum amount of attendees, fees will be fully refunded and the workshop will be postponed to a later date. If the workshop is postponed, you will be notified the day prior to the date of the workshop. Limited spaces available, so book soon!
Cancellation Policy: To ensure participant attendance, if you have registered for the workshop you must cancel your booking at least seven days before the workshop for a refund.
Payment: Registration for workshop is through Eventbrite. If you do not wish to use Eventbrite you can pay in person at the Electric Perfume storefront. Contact us in advance to arrange a time to come in. We accept credit and cash only. Payment in person must be received by the day prior to the date of the workshop.
Interested in this workshop but the timing didn't work for you? Let us know! Gauging interest in our workshops allows us to know whether we should run them again in the future!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us!
About the Instructor
- firstname.lastname@example.org . Links to your default email application or website.
805 Danforth Ave.
Toronto Ontario, Canada
View Electric Perfume on Google Maps . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Check out what's on or
for bookings or inquiries email us including
- Subject → EP Bookings - Inquiry
- Name → First, Last
- Booking Time/Date (if applicable) → Month, Day, Time + Range
- General Info → We can't wait to hear from you!
- Connect With Us
- Electric Perfume on Facebook . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.
- Electric Perfume on Twitter . Link opens in a seperate tab or window.